How do I use the colour red in my home, without going overboard? I've heard about red being a very strong colour, and often being too overwhelming... how do I get the right balance?

I wanted some tips to use the colour red for my home interiors.

Oh yes! Going for red is definitely a bold move. But as much as it looks overwhelming, it does make the space look radiant and classy. Plus, you can always strike a favourable impression with visitors!

Some ways to use red in your home without going overboard:

You can go for red walls in the bedroom with contrasting coloured furniture. You can also do it other way round, i.e. using white walls and red bed linens.

To add some fun element to your kitchen and to make it stand out, you can go for red cabinets.

But if you think red cabinets will be too much, you can opt for red countertops.

You can add some red chairs in your dining area to energize the space and stimulate conversations as the colour red reflects confidence.

Red can add up to the glam quotient of a home, but remember to use it effectively. Never team red with other bright colours - THAT’s what would make the space overwhelming! Also, remember to tone down the furniture - use dark and understated wood to go with the red.

Of course, if you are planning to go for a complete overhaul, and want red to be the primary colour in your home, get in touch with our experts!