How to choose kitchen cabinets that are easy to maintain and clean?

I am re-doing my kitchen, and I want to know about kitchen cabinets I can use that are easy to maintain.

Ah yes, I know how important it is to have a kitchen that’s easy to maintain! The materials used for cabinets are usually easy to clean and maintain. Here are a few additional tips…

Choose cabinets which are solid and smooth, so that they can be easily wiped with a sponge.

Though white cabinets are attractive, it is not apt for Indian kitchens where lots of spices are used. Choosing darker colours with satin or gloss finish is a better option.

Glass window cabinets are also useful as they allow an inside preview without even opening but they require regular cleaning. I would recommend frosted glass with dark shade frames to save you from the trouble of some high-end maintenance.

Avoid open cabinets,as all of the spices and oil will find their way inside the open shelves and it will be greasy most of the time, which will have to be cleaned everyday.

Having a stove-top chimney will help in venting away the smoke and grease. Covered cooking will also avoid any splattering.Immediate cleaning of spills will ensure there are no stains. Also, place your washing sink away from the wood so that there is no mold and rotting.

Hope this helps you!

If you want to re-do your kitchen or any other part of your house, get in touch with one of our experts!