I have just got my house done up. Now when I look at it, I realize that the ceilings look kinda dull. How do I make them more appealing?

Want some tips to make the dull ceilings look attractive.

Now that you have done up your home, we do not recommend redoing your ceilings as they might spoil the aesthetic appeal of the room as they will also require the adjoining walls to be repainted.

But, I can think of some trendy ceiling lights that you can use to brighten up your dull looking ceilings.

The first style would be chandeliers. These are delicately carved and a functional choice for your room. You can choose from a traditional crystal-like shiny large chandelier to antler, bowl and lantern-style chandeliers. But choose bulbs with optimum voltage and make sure that the ceiling height is above 10 feet to avoid any distractions in movement.

If you have a low ceiling, then flush mount lights are a good option. You can just hang these on the ceiling. They spread light over a large area hence choose these if you want to light up every corner of your room. They are cheaper and available in materials like copper, glass, and plastic. You can choose from traditional, transitional and contemporary styled lights. They can be easily fitted with LED bulbs, CFLs, and halogen lights. Use these where the ceiling height is less than 8 feet.

If you do not have the required height for a chandelier, you can hang semi-flush mount fixtures at approximately 4-8 inches away from the ceiling. These are a combination of chandeliers and flush mount lights. These can be fitted with any bulb and are available at cheaper rates.

Over-sized pendant lights are in trend right now. They come in different sizes, shapes, and materials and recommended to use only where the ceiling height is over 10 feet.

If you are an art lover, then you can go for track lights. Use them in the living room, hallways or where you want to highlight a specific section of your home or a wall. You can go for spotlights, directional lights, or rail lights to add elegance to the whole setting. The only tip is to mount these parallel to the wall, depending on the height of your ceiling.

If you choose flush mount lights or semi-flush mount fixtures you will need to get some POP work done around that area.

Choose lights according to the ceiling height and your requirements.

If you have any other query or need any other interior designing tips, contact Hipcouch!

If you really want your celling looks good then you can hire a interior decorator in kolkata for your house. But choose the right one as their are many people outside but their work is not good.