I want to buy a new sofa for my living room. Some tips on what I should remember before choosing one?

I want to buy a new sofa but do not know how to go about it.

When buying any new piece of furniture, it is important to consider your decor, requirements and comfort.

When you go for buying a new sofa, you should firstly keep in mind the space available, and the requirement that piece of furniture will have in that room, it will mostly be used for the people who live in the house or it will mostly be for the guests that you have at your home on a regular basis.

Then you should do some research about the materials available and which one will be a good choice according to your requirements, is easy to maintain and which also matches your sense of style.

Here are some examples of sofas you can buy for your home:

You can go for a modular sofa,heavily cushioned on all sides, it ensures comfort.They usually come in a single shade, but you can use some trendy cushions or some embroidered upholstery with it.Although they need maintenance, you can go surely for a modular sofa if you want a modern majestic look.

Another option would be a futon or a sofa-cum-bed. The mattress can be used as a sofa seat and also as a bed when required. These are economical and also a great help when guests come uninformed.

If you want any designing advice for your abode, feel free to get in touch with one of our experts!

Whenever you think of buying a sofa set, you need to consider the available space, current décor and comfort. Remember, you will be placing it in your living room; the sofa should be comfortable for your guests. You need to consider a few points such as, will it be easy to maintain? Does it match your style and tastes? You will also need to have a look at the material and its cushions too. I bought a new sofa from THE One a few months ago; they have a good variety.