I want to set up an office in one of our spare rooms. Need some tips to design one that's functional and looks good too!

I want some tips to design a home office.

Setting up an office at home can be a little tricky, if you have customers visiting you. It is important to choose the room wisely, since they’d have to make their way from the front door, through the living room, into your office, if that’s how the layout of your home is. I’d suggest looking into that first.

Once you’ve done that, focus on the colours. Choose colours like orange and yellow for that freshness. You can even use green which is the colour of productivity or colours that will uplift your mood.

Choose furniture very carefully. You’d want something that’s practical, and aesthetically pleasing. If the room is small, use space-smart furniture with storage space. Wall shelves will also help you in keeping your room organized. And, invest in a good chair! After all, you are going to be spending a lot of time there…

If possible, arrange your desk in a way it is near to the window so that you can have some natural light. If you don’t have a window, make sure you invest in lighting that’s bright (but not too much). A desk lamp would be ideal if you are going to be working late nights.

You could always make this space cheerful by going for personalized accessories like coffee mugs, trendy notepads etc.

Since ‘go green’ is the theme of this year, you can incorporate some green plants to decorate your home office. Greenery helps in reducing stress and fatique, and also keeps the air clean!

Invest in a board to write the daily targets to be achieved or goals for the future etc for motivation.

Use keyboards, mouse, printers and internet connection without wires or hide the wires in a storage box for a tidy office space.

I am sure you will be able to make a home office of your choice by following these simple tips.

If you have any query related to designing any other part of your house or if you want to do up your entire house, get in touch with Hipcouch!