Should I opt for fitted or free-standing wardrobes in my new apartment?

We are shifting to a new place and I want some guidance about which wardrobe to get for my new home.

When you shift to another house, the first thing you should be careful about is the available space, the theme of your apartment and your rooms.

Fitted and free-standing wardrobes both have their plus and minus points.

let me make you understand both of them better:

Fitted wardrobes are mostly made-to-order and can occupy the exact space you want it for i.e. it utilizes the available space perfectly.

Some fancy lighting can also be incorporated into the wardrobe,and a section of the wardrobe can also be used as a temporary dresser.

A fitted wardrobe is fitted along the wall leaving no space for dust to accumulate.

A fitted wardrobe is always a part of the house and increases the resale value of the house making it more attractive to potential buyers.

These wardrobes can only be fitted by an expert and are more expensive than the free-standing ones.Another pitfall of a fitted wardrobe is that it cannot be shifted.

Free standing wardrobes can be custom-made or just bought but generally are ready made.

They are available in various sizes and types and are best suited for homeowners who have to keep shifting because of work or like to rearrange furniture from time-to-time.

Freestanding wardrobes have unutilized space between where its placed and the wall.

It is mostly difficult to find a wardrobe that matches with the decor and the space of the room.

Lighting cannot be incorporated with a free-standing wardrobe.

Now that you know about the pros and cons of both the wardrobes, choose one which suits your requirements.

If you need some expert advice for designing your house, contact Hipcouch now!