Should we go for paint or wallpaper for our home?

I want to paint my new home but I have heard wallpapers are nice too,please help.

Choosing between wallpaper or paint is a confusion for most of the homeowners. Both have their own benefits, but the decision to choose one is dependent on your unique needs. Wallpaper and paint are available in a variety of colors and finish. Between the two, paint is easier and less messy. The application of wallpaper is a time-consuming and elaborate process. New coats of paint can be done on the old coat, however the same does not hold true for wallpaper. The durability of the paint will last for 5-6 years. Wallpaper lasts a lifetime but in case of any wear or tear, the entire process of striping and pasting has to be redone. Paint is readily available and cheaper than the wallpaper. Paint is suitable for all the areas of the home. Wallpaper is not suitable in rooms where there is a lot of moisture e.g bathrooms and kitchens. You can also choose to have a mix of wallpaper and paint. Wallpaper for more elegance and sophisticated look in the living room and paint for all the other rooms.