There are many varieties of cushions available in the market, which one should I go for? I am confused

I want to know how to choose a proper cushion arrangement for my home based on the types available in the market.

Cushions are available in different shapes, sizes and color combinations. The best way to select the correct cushion for your home is to first decide on your preferences and requirements.

Some tips on choosing the right cushion:

The number of cushions you purchase should depend on the style of your room. If you like the traditional style then you should stick to an even number of cushions. If you want a more modern look then go for an odd number. It also depends on the size and number of sofas you have in your living room. 3 seaters can take up to 5 cushions, 2 seaters up to 4 cushions, and 1 seaters only one cushion.

Most people choose the standard 18in x 18in or 20in x 20in square cushions and purchase all of their cushions in the exact same shape, but if all your cushions are of the exact same shape and size, it can start to look boring. Mix up the size and shape of your cushions. One such not so boring arrangement can be of two big cushions with some smaller cushions in interesting patterns and textures, kept in front of the big cushions.

If all of the cushions are either in the same shade or in a pair of complimentary shades, this will create an impact. You can choose two different patterns or textures for an striking arrangement. Always choose colors that contrast with your sofa, but match them to the curtains and rugs, they must complement each other.

Whether it’s on your couch, bed, or a window seat, choose a symmetrical arrangement because it keeps things in order. Keep in mind the colors of the cushions when you are placing them on your sofa. If you have one cushion with 2 or 3 colors, place it around other colors as this will help to pull them all together. The most important thing to remember is to keep experimenting, try a new arrangement and then keep mixing it up till you get the one you love.

Keep experimenting with different textures as these can add to the aesthetic appeal of a space in your home. If you prefer monotone, you can use cushions with different textures to create that visual impact. You can also go with pastel-colored cushions in various textures - like, velvet, linen, cotton, denim, faux fur, the choices are endless. Even though the color palette is neutral, the blend of textures makes it look attractive.