I want to change my curtains and get some new ones in a different fabric. I have heard about velvet being the trend for this season. But can it be used in curtains?

I want to get new curtains for my home.

Yes you have heard it right!Velvet is the go to fabric of this season whether it be for your living room, bedroom, etc.

I can understand your doubt given that velvet is such a rich fabric but it can be used in curtains as well.

Let me tell why you should go for velvet curtains and how to get it right.

Velvet drapes can make sound proofing easier to an extent when used with rugs/carpets.

If you want to add a touch of luxury to your living room, choose velvet curtains. And if you use it in a way it contrasts with the furniture and wall colour of the room, it is sure to grab some attention.Consider using a brass or a gold curtain rod to add that finishing touch to your curtains.

You can go for darker shades against some subtle walls for that vintage look.

If you have a bold choice, you can even go for red curtains for that traditional feel to the room.

If you are refurbishing your home and need any interior designing help or have any other designing query, feel free to get in touch with us!