What are the types of materials available for a backsplash, which one should I opt for?

I want to know about which material is better for a bacKsplash as I am confused whether to go for one for my kitchen.

Some of the materials available for a backsplash are :

Ceramic or porcelain tile backsplash:

All the porcelian/ceramic tiles are water resistant and you can buy accordingly as per your budget.

Glass tile backsplash:

Glass is naturally 100% non-porous. You can just wipe it with windex and it will be clean in no time. Reflective surface of a glass reflects light and brightens the kitchen.

Metal tile backsplash:

Available in various textures and finishes, they stick easily to the wall with Loctite, PL Premium or a double-sided tape.

Travertine backsplash

This is natural stone and it’s lighter and easier to install , comes in rectified tiles and sizes starting 4" x 4" up till 18" x 18".

Thermoplastic (faux metal) backsplash

Plastic backsplash is the easiest type of material to install. These plastic panels are light and hence can be installed with a tape. To aid in installation, faux metal panels are 24.5" wide and 18.5" high (distance between counters and cabinets).

Manufactured stone veneer backsplash

It is a man-made product composed of Portland cement, aggregates, and iron oxides.Stone backsplashes add great value to your kitchen, visually.

While all these options are more or less the same, you can choose according to your requirements.