Which interior design patterns are in trend right now? Which ones should I incorporate at my house?

I want to incorporate different patterns for my house interiors but I am really worried about the effect they will give after mixing and matching them.

Patterns do add a touch of adventure to a room! However, it’s pretty easy to go wrong with them too - they can become overwhelming, if not chosen wisely. Always remember to choose patterns in 3s, and on different scales. There should be a colour that unifies multiple patterns. Also, choose the right place for each pattern.

Right now, these patterns are trending big time!

1. Stripes
Stripes can be horizontal or vertical and of different colors. Vertical stripes can be used to increase the visual height of a room whereas, and horizontal stripes can be used to increase the width of a room visually. Can be used in wallpapers, bedding, pillow covers and with geometrical patterns, polka dots, animal prints, and solids.

2. Polka Dots
Polka dots give a feminine touch to a living space and can transform an ordinary piece of furniture into something fashionable. Big bold dots can be used on curtains, and walls while small dots can look nice on pillow covers. Mix it up with stripes, florals, and solids of the same color tones for your little girl’s room.

3. Chevron/Herringbone
This pattern can add a lot of glamour to your living space. Chevron is an apt pattern for floors and can also be used on Wallpaper, carpets, and throws. You can mix it up with florals and solids for a stunning look.

4. Damask
This pattern usually consists of traditional motifs, designs woven on rich silk or linen fabric. Using this pattern in wallpapers gives a luxurious feel to the room. Can be mixed up with subtle stripes, florals, and solids.

5. Floral
A floral design is an all-time favorite of all age groups. They can be used in wallpapers, carpets, draperies, bedding & pillow covers, and other upholstery and with stripes, geometric designs, and polka dots of similar color tones.

6. Paisley
It is generally used in upholstery but looks good in wallpapers as well. Paisley provides a royal touch to a living space, and it goes well with stripes, solids and other geometrical designs.

7. Ikat
Ikat is a decorative fabric made in multicolored patterns which provides a traditional yet global look to the living space. Can be used in drapes, bedding, upholstery, and pillowcases and works well with solids, geometrical patterns, and stripes.

8. Plaid
Plaid lines include more than one color usually of varying thickness but make sure the colors match up with the other designs when you are using this pattern. Can be used in upholstery, drapes, wallpapers, and pillowcases. This pattern goes well with floral, polka dots, ikat, damask, and solids.

9. Quatrefoil
This historical design looks good on wallpapers, bed covers, trendy pillows, carpets, and table linen. This design can be used to make metal frames at entrances, bedside railings, and staircase railings. It can be mixed with florals, ikat, polka dots, stripes, and solids.

10. Animal Print
The key to using animal prints is not to overdo it and matching it well with the other features of the room. Animal prints can be used on bedding covers, pillowcases, seating upholstery, and carpets. They can be matched up with polka dots, chevron, stripes, plaids, and solids.

You can choose the one which matches with your personality and requirements.